“Instead of letting my past experiences cripple me, I was able to put a positive spin on my experiences.” A negative force can give someone a rallying point and lead them to not only find solutions to their dilemma, but also provide a new path to happiness. It is often our adverse experiences that make us that much more capable of success. Ashley Rhodes-Courter grew up in an abusive foster care system but went on to become a New York Times Bestselling author by the age of 22, earn her Master’s Degree in Social Work, run for State Senate at 26, and start a non-profit organization.
Reframing Your Life and Leadership helps both individuals and executives become better leaders by empowering them to embrace their life experiences and translate them into meaningful, productive contributions to business and community. In this humorous presentation, Ashley takes audiences through her personal story and highlights key elements of leadership and focus that allowed her to triumph despite initial tragedies.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- Inspire compassion, motivation, self-confidence, and inner strength by exploring how our mistakes provide opportunity for personal growth
- How to maintain a healthy attitude and workplace by seeing the positive side of a negative situation
- Provide tips for self-care and burnout prevention
- Move employees to be more productive at work, home, and in their communities
- How to become the kind of leader others want to follow