It takes only one person to change a life. We all know someone who has been ill, medically fragile, neglected, abused, impoverished, in foster care, or has a special need. As a foster child for almost a decade, Ashley had key teachers, workers, and volunteers that helped get her out of abusive situations and ultimately helped find her a loving adoptive family. Her story is an inspirational living example of what can happen when we give our voice to another. It only takes one person to change the life of another and Ashley’s story serves as a passionate example of triumph and inspiration. Sometimes, the biggest impact is being made when you’re not even trying!
Heroes can be a mentor, nurse, teacher, foster or adoptive parent, CASA, relative, spiritual leader, peer, neighbor, sibling, counselor, community member, business owner, or friend. “Several people reached out to me and can be credited not only for my success, but my survival—and one was an unpaid volunteer.”
Partial List of Takeaways:
- How to reengage or recruit employees, workers, or volunteers
- Top 10 tips on engaging the local community
- How to successfully raise funds for a non-profit organization or cause
- Turn personal pain or tragedies into a powerful voice for others
- How to help another while maintaining self-care and avoiding debilitating transference