Motivating Change in Three Little Words
(Based on her award-winning International and New York Times Bestselling memoir, Three Little Words)
Born in 1985 to a single teen mother Ashley was placed in foster care at the age of 3. Most of her 14 placements were abusive and overcrowded. In one home, 16 people lived in a small trailer where the children were regularly beaten, neglected, verbally assaulted, and starved. Another foster parent became a convicted pedophile. At one point, she was also placed with an alcoholic relative that was shot twice in front of her.
After spending almost ten years in the system, Ashley was finally adopted from a group home when she was twelve. Instead of seeing herself as a victim, Ashley has used her experience to find the strength to accomplish incredible things. She became a New York Times Bestselling author by age 22, holds a Master’s Degree in Social Work, ran for Florida State Senate at age 26, created and heads a non-profit organization, and she has been a foster parent to more than 20 children. In this inspiring keynote, Ashley will show audiences how to overcome their own personal and professional challenges to accomplish more than they ever thought possible. She delivers her story with humor and grace, and attendees will leave energized and ready to take on the world!
Partial List of Takeaways:
- Decode several key elements of resilience like: Accountability, optimism and openness, identifying constructive influences, and accepting and giving help
- Becoming a successful life strategist and overcoming fears or “failures”
- Impact positive thinking and introspection by turning set-backs into successes
- Give hope, inspiration, and motivation through a personal story of perseverance and determination
- Encourage community engagement